By accessing proxy sites, users can access sensitive information like bank account numbers and social security numbers, which can be used by fraudsters.
The government has taken a different approach with its proxy ban, which has seen the blocking of proxies and proxy accounts by the telcos.
The ban is part of the government’s crackdown on internet-based fraud and cybercrime.
The restrictions are intended to curb cybercrime and ensure that people are protected online.
The latest ban on proxies and proxies accounts was introduced by the Communications Minister, Anthony Albanese.
Mr Albanese said it was designed to deter and detect cybercrime, and also to protect Australians’ privacy and security.
“The ban will not apply to services such as email, mobile phone and internet service provider services,” he said.
“While there may be some exceptions, the vast majority of Australians have access to these services.”
These restrictions will be effective from Friday, October 10.
“Mr Albanishes decision came after a report from the Federal Trade Commission into the use of proxy services.
The commission found that some telcos are “unreasonably discriminating” against proxy services and that some of them had been “deceptive or deceptive” in their behaviour.
The ACCC has also launched an investigation into the telco-backed proxy service Brokerrabbit, which was banned in May.
In July, the ABC revealed that Brokerrs website was a scam.
The website had a simple but complex payment system, and the service was advertised as a way to buy fake and pirated products online.
It said that “brokers” who received commission would be reimbursed by customers who bought products online from a broker.
The Federal Government has not commented on the ban on proxy services, but has announced that it will introduce an anti-virus program aimed at stopping malicious software and other threats.